
Today Connor had his first doctor appointment. It was nice to be home for the 15 hours or so, before we were off to the doctor again. His doctor said that the kid looks great! They weighed him today, born at 8 lbs. 8 oz., and weighed in today at 9 lbs. 1 oz. The doc said that most babies lose weight and then take 10 to 14 days to get back up to their birth weight. Our kid took six days to gain a half pound over birth weight, definitely related to Dennis & Michael (Hollow Legs for both of them).
Doc said that the best thing for him was to keep eating & sleeping. He wasn't worried at all about the jaundice & low blood sugar that kept us in the NICU for five days... That's what I want in a NICU doc though, attention to detail! Overall, Connor is in great shape!
Tonight we used some of the breast milk that Sarah has been supplying in a bottle. I tried one time in the Hospital to feed him from a bottle with her breast milk, but he hated that nipple. Tonight was no problem at all! He took down 5 fl. oz. fairly quickly and burped before I could get him to my shoulder. He fought the bottle at first, until he tasted the milk, and then was all over it, literally. He wrapped his arms around the bottle, like it might try to go somewhere.

Everything is continuing to go well here. Camille, Sarah's sister, was up over the weekend to see Connor and gave us a surprise bathroom redecorating for the boy. It is all lions, tigers, & bears, OH MY!!! Thank you, Camille.

Hope all is well with everyone! With Love!

2 comments:
Awesome pics. He is definitely a cutie. He looks perfect. So glad you are posting all these pictures. Nice bathroom job Camille!!! Hope all is well.
I love the pictures..keep them coming!!! I am so so happy to hear that he is doing so well. Connor is so stinking cute :)I would have to say he is going to be a big boy. Rest your backs now!!! I sent out a package yesterday so keep your eye out for it. Talk to you soon!!
Post a Comment